Getting started with chromis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fungus

Aquarium Advice Regular
After 6 weeks of cycling, I added the first livestock to my 10g: 6 hermits, 3 snails, 1 chromis. Two questions about the chromis:
1. In the store, it was schooling in a larger tank with about 20 chromis. Is it best to give it companionship in my tank?
2. The store recommended 1mm pellets but the chromis won't swallow them. Just spits them out and sinks them. Even if I crush the pellets, he often spits out. Is this normal behavior?

give it some time to adjust to its new suroundings and the different types of food that its beign fed.

my clowns did the same thing bot now eat all kinds. everytime i go to the tank to watch them they swim to the top where i usually feed them :p

chromi do best in schools. ive never had any luck keeping them alone. as for food try marine flake. shut down you PH and filters so the water surface calms and put some crushed flake in there. i have 16 chromi now and thats pretty much all they eat. that and enriched brine.

Back
Top Bottom