Getting started with setting up SW tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gilberh

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,
I have just joined the site and have found tons of great information from everyone but just wanted to share my plans and have input from experts about getting this tank setup.

My husband and I have been working with freshwater fish for 10 years. At one point we had four tanks going with our largest being 55 gal. We have no down graded to our 55 gal and a 30 gal tank. We are moving our FW fish from the 55 gal to the 30 and plan on turning the 55 gal into a SW tank.

I had a question about getting the tank setup with water. I was reading on an older post but wanted to make sure I was getting the information correctly.

Can I mix the first batch of water in the tank or does it need to be mixed in a seperate container and then poured into the tank? Just want to make sure I do it correctly in the beginning.

Another question along those lines is once the salt water is in the tank when can I safely put the live sand and rock into the tank?

Thanks all for the help!:D

You can mix it up in your tank but you wont be able to add anything to your tank till you have the salinity right and let it set running for 24 to 48 hours. Then add your LR and sand and then cycle.

Back
Top Bottom