Gobies and Pistol Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lance M.

Aquarium Advice Addict
I don't have a SW tank but I've been researching over the past couple months in order to set one up later.

I have been looking at the gobie/pistol shrimp combo and I was wondering what the best gobies would be to get for the pistol shrimp and which pistol shrimp to go with the gobies (like give me examples of ones combined in nature). TIA

I'd like to try out this combo when I set up my own SW tank.
I currently have three FW tanks up and running.

Any of the shrimp gobies would be fine. I hae a yellow watchman goby/pistol shrimp pair. Just remember that there is still no guarantee that they will will actually pair up.

Which types of pistol shrimp are easy to keep/hardy?

They have several types on liveaquaria.com , like the tiger, japanese, bullseye, and I guess a general one.

And what would be easy to keep/hardy shrimp goby?

The yashia white ray shrimp gobie looks very cool. Shrimp gobies

And in what order would you add them to the tank? Gobies first then shrimp, shrimp then gobies, together, or does it matter?

I got both of mine at the same time (yellow goby and tiger pistol shrimp) But since going into the tank they have gone thier seperate ways I see them together every now and again but not like they should I would try to check out your LFS and see if they have any paired up I know at PSP were I work we have a pair and will only sell it as a pair I know a couple of people that have Tigers and never had a problem with them HTH

So it sounds like the best way to pair them would be to keep them in a small tank (possiblely refugium) for awhile so that in the smaller space they could pair and then later introduce them to the main tank. You think this would work?

Back
Top Bottom