Going ok for now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Serts3w

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Had my first salt tank running almost 3 weeks. 55gal with 50lbs LR.& sand , Added Seachem Stability everyday. Put 2 small clown fish in 5 days ago. So far so good. I'm dying to put more in but I know I have to wait. My budget needs a break anyway!

Attachments

• image-1355473085.jpg
    image-1355473085.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 102
I am about to cycle my first. It's a 35 gallon hex. What is seachem? Glad your first little buddies are doing well.

I am about to cycle my first. It's a 35 gallon hex. What is seachem? Glad your first little buddies are doing well.

The product I used is called "Stability". The company that makes it is Seachem. This is a liquid bacteria to start the cycling process more quickly. It's preserved in a spore form so doesn't need refrigeration. You can add it to new tanks or to your tank after water changes to increase the beneficial bacteria. It has worked for me so far. Here's a link to there site.
http://www.seachem.com/Products/product_pages/Stability.html
My LFS told me this is a great product. You can follow the directions & have a fish in the tank much sooner. They said 1 week. I waited 2 adding the stability every day.
Good Luck!

Well that is cool. I have lots of live rock, live sand, and macro algae, and I just added a table shrimp for my ammonia source. If this doesn't work, I'll run out and grab your stuff. Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom