good easy corals and anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

honeysuckle11

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey everyone im have a 30 gallon tank running and im looking to find out like a good stocking list of coral and anemones that would be starter and look great in my reef tank. my stock list of fish will be 2 black and white clown fish, yellow watchmen goby and tiger pistrol shrimp pair, 6 line wrasser, some scalet hermit crab and snails couple cleaner shrimp. Any idea would be great and i like to thank all who help a head of time.

Well corals and anemones woulld be dependant on what type and kind of lighting that you have.

What setup are you running and we can make some suggestions for ya!

i have a coralife double T5 with 2 power heads at 500 gph a 30 gal mini 115 protein skimmer and a 50 gallon hang on fliter, but when i ready i will have a 20 sump on and another t5 light or a quad t5 light. Also have 42 pounds of live rock in my tank and live sand too.

Well, with a double t5 you are kinda limited in what you can keep. For sure no anemone with only 2 bulbs. if you go with 4 bulbs you should be good to keep a nem as well as a good selection of corals.

Some of my favorite corals that are easy and pretty are: GSP (green star polyps), zooanthids, toadstools, ricordia mushrooms, frogspawn, hammers and blastomussa. If placed higher up on the rock under 4 bulbs you could even keep some montipora. They grow soo fast and come in a few different colors like red, green and purple.

A great resource is Aquarium Fish: Tropical Freshwater Fish and Saltwater Fish for Home Aquariums they have most every coral you could want and will tell you what type of lighting it needs and if it's aggressive or not. An absolute great site to learn stuff and find the corals and fish you like. :) Check them out!

ok thank u so much i look into it, i mean i was told if i had did a coralife quad light i could do almost anything i wanted to

I've ordered fish online from a few different places and have had pretty good luck. Everything arrived alive (except for shrimp from aquacon) and did well. Liveaqauria is a great site to order from and they even have a 2 week guarantee which you usually won't find locally.

yea im looking at the fish they have and now im just like what should fish should i get cause they just have amazing selecting of fish and coral. Now i dont know what i want to do. lol but thank u so much for ur help and this website. i will for sure order some fish from this site.

Back
Top Bottom