Good "In sump Skimmers"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK here is an example of a simple sump I built for a 72 Gallon bow a couple of years ago:

sump1.jpg

And here is a picture of another a little more advanced sump I did for another AA member:

sumphead_s.jpg

And finally a super large more complex system I did just recently for a local residential application:

DSCF0644.jpg

As you can see sumps range from simple in design, Like this:

opt1.jpg

To very complex in design, like this:

ed.jpg

You are going to have to decide on a design that suits your needs.
What are your goals for the tank? Livestock choices? Reef? You should probably decide on a skimmer and return pump first. This will enable you do design and build (or have built) a sump that exactly fits your design.

As for the overflows, I can't really help you there. I don't use siphon overflows nor do I recommend them to my customers. Not that there is anything wrong with them I just prefer a drilled tank.

So, once you answer the questions above we can try to help you decide on the equipment you need and help design a sump for you.

Is there any chance you could post a picture of your tank ans under the stand?

HTH,
R-

Okay, I have a 50 gal. oceanic tank, and i am expecting to have corals, reefs and whatever else i can find that wont be over filling my tank....also, How much is it if I wanted you to build me one of those sumps?? I would only want a 15-20 gal. sump nothing to big..If you can convert that 55 gal. sump that you have posed up there into a 15-20 gal. that would be PERFECT then all i would need is my pump and protein skimmer for it... I will send you a picture of my tank and stand....

thanks a lot, and if it is necessary, you can PM me about all of this also....

Back
Top Bottom