Good Setup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Weaver

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok, since "the only dumb question is the one you dont ask" I am going to be having a lot of questions. First off, my stocking. I have a 29 gallon tank with about 30 lbs of live rock, a sandbed of about 2-4 inches, and stock lighting. On my liverock, i got feather caulerpa, and what i beleive to be a venus fly trap anemone. I had a mantis that came on the liverock, and i only mention it because it made some nice tunnels in my rocks. As far as fish, its only 3 bluegreen chromis. filteration is just a skimmer, and a hang-on-back filter. Wishlist:
1) Tiger Pistol Shrimp paired with Yellow Watchman\ Orange Spotted goby
2)Clean up crew of snails (suggestions?)
3) False Percula Clownfish
4) Coral Beauty? (not sure on requirements)

If its overstocking, the coral beauty an percula can be skipped. Will the pistol shrimp eat the snails? And because i think its a dumb question:hide:, thanks ahead of time for bearing with me:thanks:

Well, first off, eventually the mantis will kill off the other critters in your tank, once it gets big enough. I really like Mexican Turbo Snails. They do a great job on algae, even cyano. :)

Well, first off, eventually the mantis will kill off the other critters in your tank, once it gets big enough. I really like Mexican Turbo Snails. They do a great job on algae, even cyano. :)
Yeah, i got the mantis. I had read articals only about them as pests, so when i saw it it was a matter of hours before he met a jar of acetone.:devilish:
I have read that turbos are good, but should i worry about it tipping my rocks? and what of the tiger pisotl, will he try to eat it?

I know several people that have mantis shrimp tanks and a few are looking for them. I actually would get one myself if I could fine a decent deal on one. Most around here for no less than 30.

Thanks all4wheels2, I thought it worked with both, (as Ive seen multiple ywg vids with the tiger pistols) but I just likie the look of the shrimp gobys in general, so I will get the orange spotted instead.

Back
Top Bottom