Got $300.00 for my Birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReefRaff

Aquarium Advice Addict
and I know I want a skimmer for my 50 gallon. It has to be a HOB, and I only have 3 1/2" behind my tank. Will A berlin turbo hob fit behind my tank? If not which one? I want one that works good and conforms to the space requirments. :robot:

reef we have berlin turbo and hubby measured our space just now he said you should have at least 9 inches of space sorry but trust me ours got gummed up with sand and it was really tight for getting it off ended up setting it in the sump on top of the sand not the best spot it has to do for now. hope someone else can tell you other ones but i wouldn't bother looking at the prism lfs guy told me it is junk.

Look into a bak pak skimmer, it might fit and it's a decent skimmer. Although not suer it is large enough for a 50g reef. You might also consider adding a HOB to the side...might give a few more options ;)

I have a CPR bak pak skimmer for my 30 gal, I can't remember how wide it is but I can check it out when I get home and post it. It says its good for up to a 60 gal or maybe even a 75 gal. Would it make a difference if it is a reef or not?? Any way, I like it and it is a HOB. I wanna say you need at least 4 inches or so to get the return and the intake tubes in the tank, I will check for sure though.

Hello again, I think i misread your question....I thought you were saying you only had 3.5 in of space in your hood to put a skimmer in...I think what you really meant was that you have 3.5 in between your tank and the wall...I just measured my BAK PAK and it is only about 3 inches wide....if you got 3.5 inches you Should have plenty of room!

Ok well I decided. I ordered a Aqua-c Remora w/maxi jet 1200 HOB

I also got me another maxijet 1200 for flow, and a Refractometer. So now I'm happy.

thanks all for help. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom