Got Anemone by fedex, what di i do? help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heera

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi everyone,

I had ordered cleanup Crew online. But the box contains CUC and a pink tip Anemone that I did not order.

My tank is 30g FOWLR, have two 60 watt compact florescent bulbs.

I put it in tank to acclimate Plz help what to do.

Also going to call online place to see what happened?

Take it to your local fish store and give it to them. You might even get some store credit or $$$ for it. Your light is way too weak for a anemone.

you think so? a 30g is rather short so two 65watt PC may penetrate enough, if not you could always take it to your LFS

you think so? a 30g is rather short so two 65watt PC may penetrate enough, if not you could always take it to your LFS

130 watts PC is a far cry from the usual 96 - 120 watt T5HO normally found on 30 gallon SPS reefs.

And he said he had CFL bulbs. In otherwords his lighting wouldn't even be enough to grow some medium light plants let alone keep an anemone alive.

probably, i've read that the bubble tips are medium light though which is why i said they might be ok

Thanks for everyone's reply.

I do understand I am not ready or this, nor I did order it.

Just on phone with the company , anemone cost me $50. Customer service agent checked my original order and confirmed that u didn't order this. But somehow it got added and shipped. They can't credit me nor can take it back. He said I have 120 watts, by 5 watts/ gallon I am just 30 watts away I should be ok.

I said no I can't keep it. I didn't think my lighting is right. Waiting to talk to manager.

What should I do in the mean time??

I will call LFS now.

I have another light set with same two 60w bulbs. Should I put that on too. Would that help for now.

For now give it as much light as you can. I'd put up classifieds on craiglist and on forums. Even if you sold it for like 10-20 bucks someone would pick it up right away. I'd say it'd be gone in a day if you gave it away for free. Your LFS should definitely be happy to get a new BTA.

for sure they would, they'd be able to make $40 if they buy it from you

heera, where are you from? i'm lookign for a pink bubble tipped

Thanks for everyone's reply.

I do understand I am not ready or this, nor I did order it.

Just on phone with the company , anemone cost me $50. Customer service agent checked my original order and confirmed that u didn't order this. But somehow it got added and shipped. They can't credit me nor can take it back. He said I have 120 watts, by 5 watts/ gallon I am just 30 watts away I should be ok.

I said no I can't keep it. I didn't think my lighting is right. Waiting to talk to manager.

What should I do in the mean time??

I will call LFS now.

"They can't credit your nor take it back"? What company is this? They just spent your money without your permission. They confirmed you didn't order it and charged you for it. Why do they say they can't "credit" you or refund you? That's not right.

call your credit card company and send them your order confirmation showing the total and what they billed you for, that is just wrong. I hope they fixed the error with out the need to do that, but if they didn't your credit card company will.

call your credit card company and send them your order confirmation showing the total and what they billed you for, that is just wrong. I hope they fixed the error with out the need to do that, but if they didn't your credit card company will.

true:)

Thank All you guys u are awesome. Sorry I had to go to work just got back.
I had left a friend in charge, been in reef hobby like 6 years.

- I live in Vancouver, Canada.
- no credit they say since I took the shipment and took it out of the bag. I already have called my visa company and faxed copy of the order to them.
- I come back and saw that he put the anemone in my 5 gallon hospital tank, my clowns are there too???? he moved my main tank light on this tank. No idea what his plan is....(pic attached) are my clowns safe????

- had LFS most said no. 1 wants it free, 1 for 10$ After a week to make sure it good.

I am just having bad luck. All of sudden had blind chromis and now this.. Don't want this anemone to die on me..

As long as you were charged for something you didn't order it should be sorted. The fact that they won't credit it because you took it out is bullcrap. Do they expect you to let it die in the box rather than see if you can let it live? Sounds like a bad business tactic. Hopefully all gets sorted...

the anemone is lookign pretty healthy, but not a pink bubble tip, it apears to be a condy anemone.
this is a pink BTA
img_1426486_0_70c16baa3845567109d3144b3bbb7f4e.jpg

i live in ontario if you were colse by i would say i'll buy it from you

Thanks again.
I looked online it matches Haitian pink tip Condy anemone.

My friend put clowns in there.I read somewhere online that this anemone is aggressive and can kill fish. Help!!

I can ship to Toronto if u want it.

leftyfish said:

This has happens to me before..not with fish but other things.. all I had to do was call for my citi card and the other time was through my bank which required me to fill out so much junk .. lesson learned ... I've also not received item when said they were shipped only to call the card company and get items a week later... I did call and told the credit card company but they never did bill me.

Thanks jsmith.
I am going the CC company route too.they said the will reverse the payment. So that will work. In the end I think it may be settlement of price. If not it wouldn't be fair. Given I will get anemone for not paying anything. I am trying to sell it. I will pay them whatever I sell it for.

Few people on craiglist called and asking if the Anemone will be hosted by percula and ocellaris clown fish.

Back
Top Bottom