Greetings Aquarium lovers from Sunny England (Manchester)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sh4ymus

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All,

I'd just like to introduce myself im Sean from Manchester UK. I've Kept a fresh water tank for a few year so deceided to up my game to a more challenging Salt water tank which is 23 Gallons / 50 litres. The set up for the tank is mixed live sand with a external fluval 106 filter / heater etc! Bought some RO/DI water from local pet shop today & everything is running smoothly so far! :brows:

Few questions to all you seasoned pro's out there!!:

1/ How long until I can add live rock & they ultimatley when to start adding snails etc?

2/ Do you think I need a skimmer

3/ Should the inlet from the pump be fully submersed or making bubbles at the surface? should I buy a air stone or power head?

:fish2:
Thanks in advance
Sean

Welcome aboard. We are glad you found us here at AA. :welcome:

I moved this to the SW getting started forum. Your questions will get more looks there.

Hello.

Add all the rocks and cycle the tank if you dont already have fish. If you have fish, then cycle the rocks in another vessel, such as a trashcan or spare tank.

You dont need a skimmer as long as you are doing weekly water changes.

If you are not getting enough surface agitation, then add a powerhead and aim at te surface. What inlet pump are you talking about? Im thinking you are talking about the outlet of the canister.

Back
Top Bottom