Hi all. My tank is now 4 months old and I have all of a sudden had an outbreak of hair algae and diatoms my params are ph 8.4 ammonia 0 trates 0 and trites 0 salinity 1.23 I have just changed from t8s to t5s and it has appeared. Help please
How long do you run your lights? Do you test for phosphates? How much do you feed and how often? I am pretty sure all of us have battled hair algae - I cured mine with reduced feeding, reduced light cycle and manually pulling it out with increased water changes.