hand me down help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JASONinNM

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello guys this is going to be my first post and had some question as well as to hear your input on anythin on your minds....
I just was givin a 46 g bow front tank with some coral frags (like 7 really small ones) two 175 metal hilides, remoraC skimmer, sump/refugium with pump and light, 2 powerheads, one korilia and maxijet (or whatever the pengiun power heads are called) had a clown and yellowtail demsel. After I got home with everything (water in buckts) just left about a quarter fulltank when moved it. After adding water all the dust from sand clouded tthe water so I acclimated fish to other 35g bowfront tank and let tank stand while I cam to work.... will this effect the frags in any way? I also left the blue tail demsel because of the aggresion when I added it to the 36g with a yellow tail already in there... he sure didn't like him. But the clown seemed fine. He looked reallt weak or stressed just the 9 minutes he was in there (getting herassed the whole time) I'm just afriad to return home to a lot od deadness....

watch the yellow tail thats already in there it might get aggressive to the newly added clown. most species of fish will only be docile to their own kind if they are mated pair or if they are added at the same time.

Well like you said, I had to move the new yellow tail back to the other tank he was physicaly getting beat up by the other yellow tail? Kinda puzzling because the guy I got the first yellowtail from had like 2 or 3 other too... how come these didn't fight? Is that why they say to add fish before/after/same time? It REALLY affects aggression issues??

He looks sick now... looks like he has the bulged eyes and like visually beaT up. Looks like maybe some damaged or missing Scales or something... he just hides under this rack of shells and such. Don't think he ate either.....

probably shock. the guy you got the yellow tail from probably put the three in at the same time so they adjusted to the new environment at the same time and got comfortable with eachother as well.
yours had been in that aquarium for a while so its adjusted and will get territorial to a new fish that looks the same as it.

Back
Top Bottom