has anyone ysed purpleup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jduny

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
the lady at my lfs said it would bring my dead base rock to life.i guess it brigs otu the purple and green algae has any one tried it and does it work?

There are better things to spend your money on,in my opinion. Nothing good happens fast in SW.
Folks do use it and it does work, but I prefer not to put extra stuff in my tank. If you have rock that has coreline on it, it will spread for free.

roka64 is 100% correct..Nothing good happens fast in SW.

the lady at my lfs said it would bring my dead base rock to life.i guess it brigs otu the purple and green algae has any one tried it and does it work?

Interesting she said it brings it to life. Which is by far not true at all. I have had my tank for almost two months, and I have Coraline algae showing up. No need for purple up in my opinion.

Just another note... if you don't have any coralline algae to start with, no amount of PurpleUp is going to make it magically appear. If you have truly dead base rock, you're going to need a source of coralline before it starts growing in your tank. And I agree with the others... PurpleUp is a waste of money - just make sure you have calcium levels above 360 and an alkalinity between 8 and 12, and you should have a fair amount within 6-8 months.

ok thanks.really never sure about people who are selling me stuff.she's been giving mee good advice but she still needs to make a buck.this was the first time she showed me a product and i wanted to run by someone first.thanks for the advice everyone

All I use is b-ionic and waterchanges every 2 - 3 weeks. My protein skimmer is killer and way big for my tank any how... Just keep your calcium right and after about a month to 2 months you should start seeing some purple spots on glass and rocks.

Back
Top Bottom