Has my tank cycled...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AndrewD

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
and I didn't even realize it? A week after I added LR to my 55 gallon tank, I added "Turbo Start" http://www.fritzpet.com/turbostartmain.html A few days later I added 3 damsels (I know, don't give me grief about not using the shrimp method) and have been doing regular water tests for a month now. Nothing has spiked, only the Nitrates remain minimal. How do I know for sure if my tank has cycled yet? Should I wait and continue to test the water, or has this product worked? Any reassurance would be appreciated. Thanks. [/url]

I don't think the product worked,I just think you've cycled naturally. I'm a sw newbie but fw experienced and the N-cycle is essentially the same for both.

If you're reading 0-0-almost 0 (N-NO2-NO3) then you're there.

As for the damsels, frankly, how sophisticated is the nervous system of a 1" fish? Get real. The thought that they feel pain and suffering like mammals, especially humans, is ludicrous. Next thing you know, aquarists will say your corals need a counsler because they were nipped on! After that, some coral lawyer will sue you for pain and suffering - ha!

Back
Top Bottom