Have 2 questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaboke

Aquarium Advice Regular
I test my water almost every day and I'm back on track
Tank 29 g Bowfront
Temp 78
Ph 8.2
salinity 1.025
Ammo 0
Nitrite 0
nitrate 10
Calcium 320
Dkh 12
I'm doing some research on a Alveopora ( daisy/ flowerpot coral )
mainly because its says that false percula clowns ( I have 2 in qaurantine till the end of july hoping for a pair ) are in direct association with them would this be something for a beginner to take care for ??
and what about my calcium level how can I raise it without messing around with my other waterparameters ???

Kaboke

I'm doing some research on a Alveopora ( daisy/ flowerpot coral )
While Alveopora seem to be hardier then their family-mate Gonopora I would still not list this as easy to keep, especially for the beginer. Besides, there is a very high probability that your o. clowns will ignor it completely. A better suited option may be a long tenticle torch coral. It is a bit easier to care for and my clowns have been known to host in it.

what about my calcium level how can I raise it without messing around with my other waterparameters ???
You can try doing more frequent water changes to see if that helps. Dosing elements into a 29gal is a bit risky due to the fact that there is little water volume to absorb any "mishaps".

I agree that I would try more frequent PWC`s first . Hopefully that will help but some salt mixes have lower calcium and you`ll need to dose if that is the case but as Brian said PWC`s is you best bet. JMO

You mentioned being back on track, which suggests you had a water quality issue? If so, I would not add any chemicals or additives until your tank is stable for certain. Your calcium is a little low, but then again that depends on your aquarium's need for it. The alk (8-12dKH) is fine and I'm sure everything will adjust once your stability kicks in. If you find yourself wanting to dose ca/alk, I find the B-Ionic 2-part system works well for small tanks.

Back
Top Bottom