have some questions(with Pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Evo8

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok so my tank is now cycled and i added my two clowns over from my 8G. and also a condylactic anemone. my anemone has white springy stuff inside his "arms" if you will. also little red Dots on some of my rock! and also some gooey looking stuff.

Attachments

• 2013-10-22 22.43.21.jpg
    2013-10-22 22.43.21.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 121
  • 2013-10-22 22.41.51.jpg
    2013-10-22 22.41.51.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 109
  • 2013-10-22 22.41.32.jpg
    2013-10-22 22.41.32.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 137
  • 2013-10-22 22.40.36.jpg
    2013-10-22 22.40.36.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 126
That nem isn't looking too good, but you did just move him..... what kind of lights on that tank?

Bottom left pic - at the top of the pic, I see what looks like the stalk of a vermetid snail... they are a stationary snail that exude a web looking mucus to capture food. Could be what you're seeing..... They aren't bad in moderation, but it you get a bunch of them around a coral, the mucus can damage the coral. If I see a group of them, I'll just take a pair of tweezers and crush a bunch of them at the base.... my six-line loves the extra snack.

The red dots in the lower right appear as though you may have the beginnings of some coralline growth....

I did just move him into the tank..as well as a few times when placing him in the tank..why doesn't he look good? So I should get rid of that gooey "snail" stuff..that's actually a future coral platform its on lol

bring the nem back to the store, your tank is way too new and unstable for it. do you have test kits for phosphate, alkalinity, calcium and magnesium?

The lady told me it would be perfect..what a little biotchhh..I bought food for it and all..so why won't it last?

The lady told me it would be perfect..what a little biotchhh..I bought food for it and all..so why won't it last?

they are extremely sensitive to water parameter swings, which is why they shouldn't be put in tanks less than six months old. didn't you say that you added a light in your other thread? what light? with the biocube stock lights you can only keep the lowest of the low light demanding corals. anemones require high amounts of light

Not yet..I have on the way around 18 extra watts of led...(eventually 36). But right now just the stock 50/50 36w straight pin bulbs..I shall return him tomorrow! He's already moving around..lol

don't return him just yet. if hes moving around, that means hes attempting to get settled in and find his perfect light spot. if he climbs all the way to the top of your rockscape, right under your lights, then its safe to say he isn't getting enough light, if however he settles anywhere else, id say he is getting enough light and is happy

ok! yeah i did briefly looked them on up my phone before purchasing..thus far he's anchored on the rock i set him on last night (near the bottom) ill let you know where he is when i get home. he looks better i think this morning all spread out and all

Update..the nem. Looks really comfortable now..all spread out and wavy! I'll keep eyes on him. I seen a maroon clown today at Petco snuggled in a long tentacle anemone..it was great

Back
Top Bottom