Heater for nano reef. Can't decide...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MR.S

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone,

I'm looking at a Jager TS heater for my 12 gal. CFL aquarium that will be here in a couple of days. My room temp. fluctuates between 68°F-74°F daily. I plan to have SW fish and reef between 78°F-80°F. So, there is up to a 12°F difference. Do ya'll recommend a 50W or 75W? On the 5W rule it comes to 60W... Not sure if I'm supposed to round up or down on the wattage.:confused:

Thanks for reading. (y)

id step up to the 75w cause if im thinking correct the 50w only is for 10 gallon, im currently trying to decide for my seahorse tank build. its a 12 gallon tank

Thanks for the reply. Just found an article that said if the wattage is border line, choose the next higher size. Also, it showed even on a 10 gal. if there is a 10°F difference a 75W is recommended. Good luck on your 12 gal. :D

i would recommend a marineland stealth pro heater... i've had one for several months (a 300w in a 150g) and it has kept the tank at a perfectly stable 78 every time i've checked it. It is right in front of a window and the temp in that room can get down in the 60's overnight. It also has a little light that shows red if its heating, green if its at or above the specified temp... and it has a lifetime warranty :)

Back
Top Bottom