Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-12-2021, 08:26 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Help?

So I have a 10g and raun the turbostart and cycled. Now at my own eagerness and stupidity. I added inverts and a fire fish and goby at same time.... I believe my tank is recycling? showing ammonia,trites,tries, trates (red sea). I have just been doing 4 gallon roughly water changes in hopes of just dampening the chaos a little bit. Is this a normal thing when rushing a brand new tank? and maybe a little advice getting through it as in just keep doing WC? this is my very first saltwater tank btw.

Old 01-12-2021, 10:30 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Always be aware of New Tank Syndrome.
Here is information on Cycling your Filter/Tank.

Old 01-15-2021, 12:03 AM   #3
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Can you tell us more about the tank? Even if the bacteria in the bottle was good, if there isn't enough porous rock in the system for it to establish itself it won't do any good for example.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com