Help/advice please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Waynage01

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can anyone give me some advice/help. I have 2 clownfish and I am wanting some yellow tail damsel. I read everywhere not to add too many fish at once. But I am also reading that you should buy yellow tail damsels in odd numbers with the lowest being 3. Is this to many to add in one go.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Can anyone give me some advice/help. I have 2 clownfish and I am wanting some yellow tail damsel. I read everywhere not to add too many fish at once. But I am also reading that you should buy yellow tail damsels in odd numbers with the lowest being 3. Is this to many to add in one go.

That all depends on how large your tank is and how long the clowns have been in the tank. If the tank is fairly well established and all of your parameters are in check you should be fine in adding them.

I wouldn't recommend adding damsels to a tank with clowns. Clownfish are also damsels and you would likely experience significant aggression.

My tank is 45g. Clowns have been in 4-5 weeks. Tanks been set up 2months now. All compatibility charts I have seen say they are compatible with each other

Yellow tail damsels are evil little buggers. Do yourself a favour and avoid them and other damsels completely.

Damsels and clowns are different sub families of fish and therefore CAN live together. But as they are of the same family, they have the same traits. They are both very territorial and the damsels are worse than clowns. Unless your clowns are Clarkii or another very aggressive clown they will likely be pestered by the damsels. So will most other fish you try to put with them.

I agree. Those yellow tail damsels are little devils and I would avoid them completely.

Back
Top Bottom