Help guess my ph

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karlos69

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi have a nutrafin ph test ( yes i know lfs recommended...before i found this site :) can you give your best guess on ph? This is the color before and after pwc

Attachments

• image-2199018176.jpg
    image-2199018176.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 86
Maybe 7.8 I guess. Try taking a reading about an hour before the lights go out. You are not cycling the tank are you?

Do not test your PH during the cycle. Because of the ammonia and nitrites in the tank you will be getting false readings on your PH. Only test for ammonia, nitrites and nitrates only till you are at 0 on the first two. Then do a 33% PWC and then you can start checking the other parameters.

Testing pH during the cycle is good for practice, but that's about it. Due to all the biological activity going on in a tank while it's cycling, your pH will swing all over the place. Once it's done cycling and you've done a couple water changes, then it will start to settle down.

Ya sorry i meant i have cycled tank with shrimp method but dont have any fish or corals just a couple turbos and hermit crabs my ammonia is now 0, nitites 0, nitrate 5 steady for 3 weeks this is my 3rd pwc tank has been going for about 2 months

Back
Top Bottom