Help Me Pick An Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missbrett

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I want an Angelfish for my tank but I am having a hard time deciding which one to go with. It is a 75g tank. HELP ME PICK ONE!!! Please ?

My Picks Are:
Flame Angelfish
Coral Beauty Angelfish
Lemon Peel Angelfish
Cherub Angelfish
The Red Stripe Angelfish (Eibl's Angelfish)

Any input would be appreciated! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have had a Coral Beauty Angelfish before and they are great a very laid back fish.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What kind of tank is this going to be? If it were a reef tank, the coral beauty is the only one that I would try as it is the least likely of all the dwarf angels to go postal on coral. That said, they can go years without issues and then go postal. I have one in my reef tank and would give it up in a heartbeat as it decided to go postal on my clam one day as I was trying to solve another issue with it and it pushed things over the top causing its death.

I would like to have some coral and eventually an anemone or two. The coral beauty is in my top 3.

I have narrowed my top three to:

Coral Beauty Angelfish

Flame Angelfish

Cherub Angelfish

I had some leather coral two clownfish a blue hippo tang couple starfish snails and crabs and everyone did just fine. It all comes down to tank mates and what you really want. Those three choices are all great fish!

I had some leather coral two clownfish a blue hippo tang couple starfish snails and crabs and everyone did just fine. It all comes down to tank mates and what you really want. Those three choices are all great fish!

Thanks!!

I have a coral beauty in my mixed reef for a year with no problems. I feed frozen "Angel mix" food sometimes that has some sponge which angelfish are supposed to like, but it'll eat pretty much anything. She doesn't bother my clams or corals so far.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I have a coral beauty in my mixed reef for a year with no problems. I feed frozen "Angel mix" food sometimes that has some sponge which angelfish are supposed to like, but it'll eat pretty much anything. She doesn't bother my clams or corals so far.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thanks!! It's down to the Coral Beauty Angelfish and the Cherub Angelfish.

If you are able to be patient and shop around with multiple lfs, the coral beauty would be my choice.
This is due to there being different color variations depending on where they are harvested from and other factors. You can get them in a range from more blue to almost all yellow. Pretty incredible.

Back
Top Bottom