Help me take the next step

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nshepler

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay so hello the other side I guess you could say of fish keeping. At least that's how I feel. So let me start by saying I truly admire salt water tanks. I am by no means a new fish tank keeper, I am absolutely obsessed with fish keeping. Ever since my first fish I've been hooked. Lately I've been having this vision of a salt water tank with an anemone in the middle and two clown fish. That's all. It's just sweet and simple. Now I have seen nano reef tanks before. Could you guys kind of point me in the right direction. What will I need to get started? Is this a possibility in a nano tank of some sort? The smallest and simplest would be best since I will be moving into a apartment in a few months. I am very interested in clown fish and any info would be helpful. I love to learn and especially about fish.

Shep

Sadly I don't think anyone has time to go over hypothetical sw setups since there is a wide range of ways to run a sw tank. Most likely why you haven't gotten many responses. The initial cost to jump into sw is sorta high depending on whether you are financially blessed or not. Maintaining it from there isn't bad. There are ways around costs in some areas.

All the equipment involved in sw are basically the same as freshwater for a beginner.
The main difference is:
live rock
distilled/ro/rodi water
salt
hydrometer
topping off with freshwater (not saltwater)

I suggest you start with a 20 long/tall or a 29. Maybe a 4xt5 10k/actinic setup.

Back
Top Bottom