Help on lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beau_123

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Do these lights work for a reef tank I have a 55g and i am just getting started. They are 48" inch 216w t5 aquarium light fixture reef fish tank. Thanks.

That sounds like a 4 bulb fixture. Depending on the type of reflectors it has, it's fine for low light corals like mushrooms, zoas, polyps and leathers and might be OK for some medium light LPS corals. Not enough for high light demanding SPS corals.

No. A 4 bulb fixture won't work for anemones. They require very high lighting, similar to the needs of SPS corals.

Well what is a reasonable priced light that will support everything.

Been doing a lot of reading because I'm gathering everything to start my tank. I'm looking to buy two "Tao tronic" 120w led lights. They are anywhere from 140-180 depending on the options. Haven't heard any bad about them.

What if I put another marineland double bright.

Are you talking the reef capable ones or the regular double brights? If your talking the regular ones. I wouldn't waste the money on 2 fixtures when you buy 1 really good fixture.

Back
Top Bottom