Help skimmer issues!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReefChum518

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have an eshoppes psk100h, emptied the skimmer and when I turned it back on cup immediately filled up with water, tried to adjust the pipe on the outlet part with minimal luck.

My biggest question is the outlet part that dumps back into the tank has a small black filter on it, should that and the outlet tube be submerged in the water or Hover above it?

When originally installed I had bit inlet and outlet tribe submerged with no problems, I don't get it?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405776000.386586.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sounds like it is still breaking in. Open the valve as much as you can and let it sit for awhile. Skimmers can overflow like this when there are lots of oils in the water, that can come from it being manufactured or even from sticking your arm in the tank.

Ok well that make sense it's only a week old, I keep an eye on it.

Now should the outlet part that dumps the water back into the tank be submerged in the water ?

I'm not familiar with this exact unit, but when I had a HOB I had the return submerged. If not, it splashes and creates a ton of salt creep.
But, skimmers can sometimes take about a month to break in properly. Open it up as far as it will go and just let it do it's thing.

Ok will do thanks!

Back
Top Bottom