Help stock my 800 litre marine tank!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamie1234

Aquarium Advice Regular
How would you stock a tank of this size?

Very interested in Regal tang... that is going to be the centrepiece of the tank.

Would also like to add clownfish and a yellow tang.

Everything else is not decided so would love help!

Also is it worth getting a quarantine tank? I have a 10 litre lying around which could be used but sounds small...

A 200 gallon system can easily support what you described.
When it comes to tangs, you want to make sure that there aren't ones that look similar to help avoid aggression issues. You will also want to ensure that the more shy ones are added first.

A 200 gallon system can easily support what you described.
When it comes to tangs, you want to make sure that there aren't ones that look similar to help avoid aggression issues. You will also want to ensure that the more shy ones are added first.

That's why I will get yellow and regal, look fairly different and I will add them when the tank is established later on together as they're both young.

Any ideas on other fish to add in?

I'd get a trio of some type of anthias. There are a bunch of wrasses that would work in that tank as well. You could do a foxface. Is it going to be a reef?

I'd get a trio of some type of anthias. There are a bunch of wrasses that would work in that tank as well. You could do a foxface. Is it going to be a reef?

It's my first marine tank so some of the easiest most hardy corals until I am able to tackle some more demanding corals. Yes it will be a reef tank.

I loved the look of the royal grammas too, also the purple dottybacks and mandarinfish , just saying fish i like the look of because I know dottybacks and royal grammas may not mix

Back
Top Bottom