Help with 60 gal lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smarkalan83

Aquarium Advice Activist
Currently have a 60 gal tank with power compact lighting 4x65 w bulbs ... I have fish w live rock and some some soft corals.. I want to get in to more coral and need ideas for the best lighting I keep getting mixed answers.... Please help right now I found metal halide light w following specs 1 x 48"Aquarium Light Fixture 2 x 250W 1,5000K HQI Metal Halide 4 x 65W PC Actinic Lamps 4 x Dual Bluemoon LEDs 2 x 250W External Ballasts... Price is $365 is it worth it and is it a good light or is there something cheaper...also if I was to upgrade tank size in the future to 90 or 125 can I still use that same light.... Thanks

I would go with a 6 bulb t5 Ho 48" nova extreme fixture. You will be able to keep whatever you want, and it is around $360ish

Would it make sense to keep my power compact light and just order 4 96w 50/50 lights to put in it ... My tank is either 20 or 21" deep I just want to be able to have a variety of coral but don't want to have too much light ... What would my best option be for the money

Back
Top Bottom