Help with calcium and alk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tatertot9

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Calcium and alk are high what do i do and what dos it mean cal is 520 and alk is 13 drops before it turned to its yellow color help plz I do not dose I use Red Sea salt mix and my calcium was higher than this when I was adding purple up it was over 600 what do I do or let it do its own thing

Last edited by a moderator:
Water parameter help cal and alk are both high in my 55gal reef tank what do I do or

Water params help

I'm using ocean pro Ive never dosed tank except w/purple up unless I'm doing my test wrong but I've did test 4 times and YouTube the how to do it unless I have a faulty test kit it's API exp 2018 of June I'm stumped my calcium reading is always high but this is the lowest I've had the cal reading usually it was 640 to 600 but I switched salts from instant ocean to ocean pro from Red Sea now it's 520 ??? I will get another test kit and also bring some water to local pet store for testing as well go from there thank you for help am really appreciative thanks again

each type of salt has a different ratio of calcium ,
that could be what your encountering with your levels.

For starters, ensure that you are no longer dosing PurpleUp.
Secondly, the test kit you are using is far from accurate and would be leading to the confusion going on. If you are only doing water changes than your parameters will be pretty close to what is on the box/bucket you are using as it takes an overwhelmingly filled SPS tank to be a drastic drain on these parameters.

Back
Top Bottom