Help with first tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ridburton06

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So this is my first post and i have just begun getting ready to setup my first tank. I have a 29 gal i will be using. My first question is what size powered i should be using? I plan to have some simple non agressive fish. I would like to eventually add coral too. Any help is appricated. Im also trying to figure out what kind of light to use? I don't to put to much money into this at once. Just kind of hoping to gradually build something nice. This idea started out for my son but after little research my interest has grown. Any tips you guys have would be awesome.

Is this your first tank ever or have you had a freshwater tank before? If this is your first I would suggest starting out with freshwater.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Depends what kind of corals you want to put in the aquarium....
Power head you can be fine with a 425 gph coralia nano, or 2x 240 gph coralia nano....
In my 29 I use to have 2x425 and a 240....
Lights, I had coralife t5ho 4 bulbs 2xactnic 2x10,000, but I realize that led was a good change,for power consumption and because don't have to change the bulb every 8-10 months,and those t5ho are not so chip, better invest on some led IMO

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Don't really know to much about the different types. Since this is my first salt tank, trying not to get to complicated

My buddy has a 29 gallon and he has two 500gph pumps on opposite sides of the tank. The flow is perfect IMO and he has some good turbulence. As for lighting, I always tell people to look into ocean revive. I have one over my tank and I have new growth on nearly everything at the moment. You can get one for a little less than 200. Yes I know that's a lot, but it's a lot cheaper than most brands I know

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom