Help with fish selection?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oceanjunkie

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm looking for some help with fish selection in my 75gal tank. I am looking to have coral. My tank has a yellow tang I know that my tank is on the small size for one but seams to be fine. I also have a three line damsel, a bright blue damsel, a blue headed wrasse. I had a anthias but found him dead this morning. I also have two blennies and some snails, and a fire shrimp. I am looking for some suggestion and any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

I have a 75 gallon also and would not have damsels in it at all. They are mean and probably stressed your anthias to death. I have a coral beauty right now and a pair of black saddleback clowns. My next additions are going to be a bicolor foxface and a two spot bristletooth tang. Maybe a trio of blue reef chromis.

A flamehawk is always a nice addition to any tank IMO..Maybe a dottyback of some kind ,,the splendids are nice

Thanks yeah everything was fine for about three weeks with the anthias but I guess they stressed him out. I built a box to catch the damsels. I bought the tank from a friend and they were in there. I don't want aggressive fish in my tank.

You might want to rethink the blue headed wrasse also. I don't think they directly eat corals, but will dig and upset rockwork as well as eating shrimp and crabs.

You already have a tang, but in my 75 I have a Kole tang, ocellaris clown, bangaii cardinal, ochre-striped cardinal, a blue sided fairy wrasse, and a royal gramma. (I think on the gramma - I added him to the tank Saturday and haven't seen him since. I hope he's just hiding somewhere.) I'd like to add a black occellaris and a watchman goby of some sort. I reacd about another memer having like 5 flasher wrasses and 3 fairy wrasses in his 150. I may try to add a Carpenter's wrasse at some point. I'm also considering a trio of chromis or pajama cardinals.

Back
Top Bottom