Help with my LiVeRoCk setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jinxmeow94

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone, I have recently purchased an eclipse 3 gallon tank the one that comes with the filter, pump and standard lighting, (there are pics on my profile) I have 4 pounds of argonite on the bottom, and 3 pounds of live rock, I've premixed snd added my salt and added the proper amount of stresscoat. I've alos added a submersible heater so the tank is staying right at 82 degrees. I'm starting to see a bit od pink growth and some little corals popping out from my rock. Here's my question....What is the easiest way to keep my live rock growing, I'm not interested in adding any fish for a long while, I just want to see what my rock produces...do I need to feed it? and do I need different light? and with a tank this small do I need a skimmer? Thanks so much!!! in advance :fish1:

you don't need to add anything. the light you have over it is plenty. you'll eventually need to add something to the tank once the cycle is over, to feed the bacteria. a small pinch of fish food every so often( once or twice a week) is plenty.

Thank you so much Doug :thanks: Now I think my tank may have a chance to become beautiful!! how about the shrimp trick? should I put a piece of raw shrimp in there while it cycles? If so, how much shrimp and how long do I leave it in the tank?

well, if the rock doesn't start the cycle because there isn't enough die off on it, then you will need to add ammonia somehow. a shrimp would be fine. i would leave a single shrimp in until you register a decent amount of ammonia on your test kit.

Back
Top Bottom