Help with new diamond goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HEINEKEN974

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just got a diamond goby he was on the bottom sifting the sand now he is acting wild at the top of the tank plz help

I have 2 damsels in the tank along with a cuc and a peppermint shrimp and a emerald crab the goby was onthe bottom sand sifting but for about 1hr he has been going nuts on the top of the tank it seems like he WANs to jump out lol

Damsels are not bothering the goby I will test now n give u the results

if he is gasping at the top he may need more air but your other fish would too... your sand is it sharp or soft small sand?

It's the carebean live sand I donno it's small tho what can I do for him

well how soon till the lights go out... it could be that he is just disorientated (shutting the lights off would help that) or maybe he got hurt by something or got spooked.(if your sand has lots of broken shells in it, it is possible that the goby got scraped by one. I got to go to sleep but I think that if he isn't being bullied and the water is good I would just wait till tomorrow.(if you have a top for your tank you might want to put it on so your fish doesn't jump out the first day, then take it off tomorrow) I'm not too sure what else you can do if the water is good... maybe try a bit of food... let me know how you make out.

What was your reading on your water samples?
That is what they do when the lights go off..bury in the sand or hide if not enough sand.
I am worried about ammonia in your tank. Are there any traces of it in your test?

No ammonia in the yet readings nitrite is 0 ph is 8.2 nitrate I .5 he is doing fine now I guess.. He had a fuel day with the sand bed last night

Glad to hear that it's better... maybe it got stung by a worm and got excited (being in a new place and all)

Back
Top Bottom