Help With Pico Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tjmortenson

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone, I started a 1.5 gallon pico about 3 weeks ago. It currently has only a piece of live rock in it. I have a 13 watt full spectrum cfl lighting it. I really want some coral, like mushrooms. I would like Ideas for cheap corals, not $80 mushrooms lol. Also, what could I put in it thats alive? I know its too small for fish, so maybe some type of snail and some sexy shrimp? Any ideas are welcome. Also, should I have a protein skimmer? Thanks!

Sexy Shrimp would be my first chioce, as for lighting compact flourecent would be Ideal but you can get away with a Small LED heat sink with about 10 or 12 LED should do the trick.

I have a 4g pico and it's pretty much full of corals and inverts. Porcelain crabs, sexy shrimp,pom pom crabs, peppermint shrimp(small ones),snails and hermits would be fine to add as well. :)

The 13 watt bulb over a 1.5 should be enough for zooas and mushrooms. I've been paying about $10 a shroom at my LFS and $15 or so for small zooa frags with maybe 10 polyps.

Make sure you post some pictures whenyou stock! We love photos!

edit** almost forgot, just do water changes you dont need a skimmer :-D

Back
Top Bottom