Help with taking someone's tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jerdman621

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am getting a buddy's tank that hasn't been taken care of the best way it has 5 fish 12 invreb 50lbs of live rock and 4 corals what do I need to watch for when moving everything and transplanting into one of my tanks ?? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1473253982.648695.jpg

75 gallon saltwater new to the salt tanks

An important part of moving established systems is to ditch all the old sand and get new. This way no leftover gunk that is trapped in the sand bed can be carried over and cause nutrient issues in the water column.
If all of the lighting and equipment is coming with it, everything else should be plug and play by following his instructions that have led him to success. Just make sure to add the sand after the rock so it doesn't settle. You can use a piece of pvc pipe to let the sand glide into the water column and avoid a sand storm if everything is needing moved over in terms of livestock.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well I messed up big time because he didn't tell me what to do so I used his sand and I added sand then rock then water how do I remove the sand to put new in bc it is ugly

75 gallon saltwater new to the salt tanks

Back
Top Bottom