High Temps in Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KenK

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
For the last two weeks or so I have been battling higher temp in my 65 gal saltwater tank. The temp has slowly risen to 82.5 and fluctuates up a degree or so during the day. At first I though it was a defective heater so I changed that and the temp is still up. I just changed the glass top to egg crate and it did nothing as far as dropping the temp. The room is warm but the other tanks in the hold the temps. I have two power heads going with good surface agitation. Anyone have any suggestions.

This will probably be of no help but I've found that my Mag 3 pump for my skimmer raises my 75g tank temp 3-4 degrees.

You might have a good point there. I have a Berlin Hang on skimmer with a large pump(i can't remember the model). That could be the culprit.

What kind of lights are you using?

Having a fan blowing across the water surface will help in reducing the tank temp.

I am setting up a fan tonight.

I have 36" Orbit 2 x 96 Dual daylite and dual actinic. It's is on a stand five or six inches above the top. I the daylite on 10 hours a day and the Actinic aout 8 hrs.

I never got a chance to add the fan. I opened windows in the room to cool the room a little. and added another PH. The temp dropped below 80 and is holding between 79 in the morning to a high of 81.5 at lights out. At least it's a little better.

Back
Top Bottom