HOB filter Refugium...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h8z2luze

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so I did this for a temp refugium but I think I might keep it... What do you guys think? Is it serving the purpose?

image_1501867636.jpg

image_4226696686.jpg

image_334692352.jpg

It doesn't look very big, what size tank is it for? As long as the water is going threw it slow it should be doing something but probably not a whole lot

Its a 46G bowfront. I just saw some people modding the aquaclears and thought this would be fine for now. I might do one of those instead.

Yea I'm sure its not doing a whole lot for a 46g imo. You could make one that would be bigger and better out of plexi glass and silicone. All you would need to do is take some measurements and figure out how long and wide you could make it. Then go to home depot and have them cut it.

Ya my problem is I am limited on space. My stand is pretty small and its the shape of the tank so it bearly fits my sump. I was going to put my fuge in my sump but again with my skimmer and everything there was no room. so right now i have this hanging on my sump. My original idea was to have a 10G drilled and water pumped from my sump up to it then gravity fed back into my tank... I may still do that im not sure.

h8z2luze said:
Ya my problem is I am limited on space. My stand is pretty small and its the shape of the tank so it bearly fits my sump. I was going to put my fuge in my sump but again with my skimmer and everything there was no room. so right now i have this hanging on my sump. My original idea was to have a 10G drilled and water pumped from my sump up to it then gravity fed back into my tank... I may still do that im not sure.

I thought it was on the tank anyways that's where I was talking about adding one.

h8z2luze said:
I was trying to keep everything out of sight that I can.

Well it would hang on the back so you wouldn't see a lot. Idk imo a refugium usually looks like another tank. But I see your point.

If there is a will there is a way.

Ya I wouldnt mind it being there except it would need a light on it I would guess. Unless my tank light shines on it enough... hmmmmm.

Well that might explain me ALWAYS having zero nitrates no matter what.

Back
Top Bottom