Hospital/QT Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jjh302

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I got my hands on a used 10 gallon tank with a HOB filter, heater, and elcheapo light. It was a freebie! I'm going to use this for my hospital and qt tank. How should I set it up and maintain it as a dual purpose tank? Can this sit on my carpeted floor next to my DT for a few weeks until I come up with a DIY multi purpose tank stand for it?

That size tank should have few issues sitting on carpet. Just watch when you fill it as it might not be level and be sure to keep any salt residue cleaned up. As far as being duel purpose, I'm not sure what you are asking. If you're using it as a QT, them I would use it as just that. Especially if you introduce copper. Copper can kill certain types of fish along with most all corals. Live rock will also be contaminated keeping you from using them in your display tank if you want coral. What other use were you thinking besides a QT?

That size tank should have few issues sitting on carpet. Just watch when you fill it as it might not be level and be sure to keep any salt residue cleaned up. As far as being duel purpose, I'm not sure what you are asking. If you're using it as a QT, them I would use it as just that. Especially if you introduce copper. Copper can kill certain types of fish along with most all corals. Live rock will also be contaminated keeping you from using them in your display tank if you want coral. What other use were you thinking besides a QT?

I need to get my angel out and treat with melafix to hopefully clear up cloudy eye. I'm not planning on using any copper.

What are your parameters? Cloudy eyes are usually due to poor water quality and will clear up after keeping the water pristine.

Back
Top Bottom