how are my levels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thefishguy

Aquarium Advice Regular
my temp varies from 78-80 degrees
salinity stays at constant 1.025
PO4 is 0 ppm
Nitrate is 0 ppm
Calcium is 275 ppm
Alk is 12
pH is 8.2

how are they I know the calcium is low, I have trouble dosing bionic every day so I plan on shortly dosing kalkwasser everyday through my auto top-off so it should be raised. will this affect my alk. or do I need to find another way since I will not be using the bionic

your calcium levels are kept in better balance by your live rock and substrate. Do you have an aragonite or live sand substrate and how many pds of live rock? A calcium level of 350-400 is acceptable but I like it a little higher at 400-450. Nitrate is good and ph is fine as well as PO4. Your salinity could be higher if you are planning a reef than you want it higher - around 1.026 to 1.028. Also are you using a hydrometer or refractometer to test your water's density. Other than that things look pretty good.

IMO your fine on the salinity, if you wish you can run higher but where your at is just fine for a reef.
As you already know your low on the cal, when you do start to raise it make sure its done slowly.

Back
Top Bottom