How do I fill the tank on first setup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

havefun

Aquarium Advice Freak
This may be a dumb question but it has me wondering. I've got an RO unit on the way to fill my 75g. How do I get the water INTO the tank - thats a lot of trips back and forth with a water jug 8O

If you use an RO unit to fill the tank just run the good RO water line into the tank. Hold i with a clothing pin.

If its a great distance from your RO unit to your tank then you may be destined to do the 'bucket burgade'. If you get a PH like a mxijet1200 and 7 or 8' of 1/2" IOD hose you can pump the water from the bucket to your tank saving the heavy lifting component.

Others do the inital filling of the tank with tapwater thats been conditioned. THen do their first mixing of salt in the tank (void of everything but water and PH's and heater). Once salinity is up to snuff you can add your LR or LS or anything else.

You can use 5 gal pails or easier still, go to the local HD and get some additional hose. It's pretty cheap for 25 ft lengths. You should also be able to get a "quick connect" "T" style tap for on/off operation.

Cheers
Steve

i have a 10 foot airline i run my RO water to do my top offs.. I'd just do that.. turn it on slow at first, then after the tank empties turn it on full and let it drip in. In 2 or 3 days it'll be full. Depends on the GPH of yoru RO unit.

Back
Top Bottom