How high to adjust led lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scotty Fraiser

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 110 gall mixed reef that is about 3 or maybe 4 years old. I have 4 maxspect mAzarra p light fixtures hanging under canopy only about 5 inches off water. I love the lights and the way they shimmer. My question is how much light is too much? Lights are on a programmable controller that ramp up during the day and down at night. I have them set to only produce about 85 percent. Corals are doing fine and color looks good. But no coral growth whatsoever!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It takes time for coral to grow. That said, even when it is happening it can sometimes go totally unnoticed. I've had small frags, like my orange monti, feel like it is never growing but looking back on other pictures it obviously is.
When it comes to how much light is too much, I'm not familiar with your lighting. I can however use the fact that I have my Radions set at 60% and are 10-12 inches off the water. I can keep SPS almost in the sandbed.

Back
Top Bottom