how long do damsels live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
clowns can live upwards of 8 years or so..not sure about damsels. I would guess it would be close to any other small fish. 3-5 years. :wink:

Longer than that. "Prince" (my yellow tail damsel with one eye) has been in my tank for nearly 12 years now. Picture in my gallery.

"Conner", the convict damsel is one year younger, nearly 11 now.

(I know....I know...when they are with you that long it is too easy to name them...) :oops:

...in fact, Prince was added to the tank just after cycle completed because I wasn't sure the tank was ok and I didn't want to invest in any fish that was really expensive.

Just goes to show you that you need to be careful what you put in...you may have it a LONG time.

wow! that's a long time... i've been planning on a SW tank for a while now but my friends keep on discouraging me because they said that SW fishes are very sensitive and they easily die. :D :D :D but i've been reading a lot and trying to know as much info i could get from the forum before i start. i'm planning to start with a FO tank and maybe put some live rocks after a while. thanks for the info guys. anyway do you know how big a yellow damsel can get?

Wow. There's something to be learned from them, I would think! Amazing lifespans! Thanks for re-posting the URL, QS.

Back
Top Bottom