How long in a bag?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

briandh76

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am wanting to take a trip to a fish store and check it out. It's in Columbus, Ohio and is probly about an 1hr -1hr 1/2 from me. If I buy a fish would it survive the trip home?

It shouldn't be a problem... I commute about an hour from my house (from Dallas, TX to Waxahachie) without problems. They also get shipped in bags 24 hours in a bag...

When they ship, they add O2. Request the pet store use the larger bags and you should be fine.

ask for double bagging, which reduces chance for a leak, and insulates the bag a little better against temp changes.

I have driven 10hrs from a vacation spot in FLA to my home in N. Ga with no problem. :wink:

Like Bearfan and malkore said get them to add O2 and double or triple bag.

Most fish stores will do all that's possible to get your livestock home safe if you will let them know that you are traveling. Most also have tons of styrofoam containers that they receive the livestock in that they will send you home with. I travel to a fish store 90 miles away all the time and I've never had any problems.

Back
Top Bottom