How long must I wait......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mansiz

Aquarium Advice Freak
How long must I wait to introduce new fishes to the tank in order not to break the cycle, if I currently have 6 fishes in my 13 gallon tank, and i wishes to add more, how long should I wait before introducing the 7th fish? And how long between the 7th and the 8th fish? Cas i'm afraid the ammonia and nitrite level will shoot up.

I currently have 6 fishes in my 13 gallon tank

If this is a 13gal saltwater tank, you are already past the limit of fish. I would not worry about putting any more in. Or, did you mean 130 gal?

Just to echo what timbo2 said. If this is truly a 13g tank. there is room in this tank for two, maybe three very small fish. Can you give us more details on the tank? Setup, filtration, etc.?

woah.. let's hope it is a 130 gallon tank.. that's a lot of fish for a 13... if you do have a 130 tank then just put like one or two at a time to let the bacteria adjust to the bioload so you won't get a boost..

Is 13 gallon that small? In our country, a 13 gallon tank is considered medium in size. Or did I converted it wrongly, is this correct:
-> 2 feet = around 51 litres = 13 gallons.

Btw, all my fishes are very small in sizes. Around 1 inch.

That's about 17 US Gallons (being a little generous), 13 - 15 gallons sounds right on.
60 centimeter = 23.6220472 inch
30 centimeter = 11.8110236 inch
35 centimeter = 13.7795276 inch

Sounds like it's way too small for what's in there.

I have 10 fish in a 125G and I know I'm overstocked :oops:

Back
Top Bottom