How long to run lights for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

D.Schneidt

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm not sure how long to run my lights? I have two 120w LEDs over my 75. I just have a few clowns in there now being that I just got done my cycle but, I want to start adding corals in the future. How long do I wanna run my lights for?

I have my actinics come on at 3pm, my whites come on at 4pm. The whites go off at 11pm and the actinics go off at midnight. The only reason why I have the later schedule is because I get home around 10 so I can enjoy the tank a little bit. I have read that you want to keep the blues on an hour or so earlier and later to represent sunrise and sunset. Plus, I just like the look.

I have my actinics come on at 3pm, my whites come on at 4pm. The whites go off at 11pm and the actinics go off at midnight. The only reason why I have the later schedule is because I get home around 10 so I can enjoy the tank a little bit. I have read that you want to keep the blues on an hour or so earlier and later to represent sunrise and sunset. Plus, I just like the look.

Ok cool thanks

Back
Top Bottom