how long to try rid ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvmyfishies

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
my percula clown got ich, been using rid ich. how long do i use this? started a quaratine tank. 10 gallon. put him in and using this stuff for about 4 days now. it doesn't say how long it takes. thought about using some copper stuff at the lfs, but they said to try this longer and the clown cost less than the new medication so why bother? i'm thinking well, for the sake of the rest of my tank. otherwise why bother with a quaratine tank.

I did some looking around and found this page:
http://www.petsforum.com/novalek/kpd38.htm

Scroll to the bottom and it will tell you how long you should continue treatment of the product.

BTW, I have no idea how accurate that information is. It looks professionally done and has a lot of info there so it is probably fine. Just wanted to let you know.

Oh, one more thing. You will need to keep that fish in quarantine at least 4 weeks from the time ich disappears from the body of the fish. Remember, just because you can't see ich on the body of the fish doesn't mean you have eradicated it from the system. It probably just means that it is in another stage of its cycle.

Back
Top Bottom