how many fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ct67_72

Aquarium Advice Activist
my tank is a 29 with 45 pounds of live rock, 40 pounds of live sand. right now I have one small maroon clown, 1 small cleaner shrimp, 3 nassarius snails 4 margarita snails and a yellow rose antenna goby. Id really like to add a ocellaris or true percula clown, and a bicolor pseudochromis or maybe a six line wrasse. Id like some other inverts as well. I have a rena xp1 filter, a seaclone skimmer and one power head. will this be ok? or can i maybe sneak one more in lol.

Your Maroon Clown would eventually kill another sp. of clown in such a small tank and your tank is not large enough to hold a pair of Maroon's. I'd go with a psedochomis because of their toughness vs. the Maroon you already have. Do understand that the Maroon will eventually grow large and very territorial.

thank you. right now hes about 3/4" maybe 1" and keeps to his own space. he did the same at the lfs where he had been for a few months. obviously there is nothing saying this wont change. how about a long nose hawk instead?

Any hakwfish will consume your shrimp and possibly any hermit crabs. Stick with something small like a pseudochromis or the sixline and do note than any of these fish can harrass your goby if inclined. Other options include blenny's, basslets (Serranus sp.), roundhead (Assessor sp.), etc. Your shrimps could be attacked by any of these in smaller aquariums (under 50g).

hmmm so is there something i would be better off with? Id like to add some color, but not have to worry about anyone getting eaten lol. Ill check out what you recommended for other options. thanks again. the whole sw thing is much different than the fw
how about a six line, and a red scooter or orange spotted blennie

you should be fine with a wrasse. I had a maroon clown in my 29 gal with a clown fairy and exquisite wrasse and they were happy campers

Back
Top Bottom