How much chaeto and light required?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jereli

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I haven't been able to really find any information regarding how much chaeto and how much lighting should be on the fuge with the chaeto in there. How much chaeto would be required for 60 gallon tank with 20 gallon sump? How much light and what kind of lighting is required to grow the chaeto? Any input would be great thanks..

Doesn't matter how much chaeto as it grows pretty quick,as for lighting you can get away with a small 11w flourescent or a grow lamp,just remember to pull out the chaeto and give it a good squeeze and trim it now and again.

For my 50g with 20g sump i was given a plastic cup full of chaeto, it droped my nitrates from 10 to 5. Then i got another cup full and it dropped it to zero. Im not sure if the second cup made a difference but i keep that amount in my sump. If you get a large size taco bell cup and fill it with chato (do not pack it), then that would be equivalent to my two cups. It grows very quicky, i now cut it and keep the taco bell cup amount in my sump and give the rest away.

I have a ball of it about 10 inch diameter in my 50 g sump for a 120g DT.

Does not really matter how much you put in, it will grow fast and you may have to give some away eventually. But cant reall y have too much of it, unless it becomes an abundance.

Ok thanks I was just trying to get an idea of how much some of you guys are using..seems like I can add a bit more then...

Back
Top Bottom