How mutch?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pufferlove

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey I really want a general price you spent on just the supplies (ie) protein skimmers, uv sterilizers, and salt mix just minus the cost of the actual fish tank

wow thats a hard one and everybody gonna be a lil different with all the different products out there. all systems are different. a flowr is alot cheaper the reef and the size of the tank is the biggest part the bigger the tank the bigger the $$$

It could be $300-$3000 depends on the tank and the corals or no corals question I asked. Lighting a large tank can cost close to a grand if done properly. Skimmers if needed can be from $200-$500. And that doesnt include a sump, if needed. Again, depends on the tank size.

For the 55 - stand $100, light system $250 ( used) bulb replacement every 6 mo- 1 year - $65 per bulb x 4, salt ( bucket that lasts for 4-6 months) $50, skimmer $75 ( had coralife soso one before) HOB fuge $75, testing kits $approx $60, fish food $20, quarantine tank $50 ( 10 gallon with filter, heater), calcium etc suppliments $10 per bottle x 3 . Power heads (koralia) $50 x 4

Live rock / base rock was about $300 or so

same applies to the 75 I moved into, but got a nicer skimmer that cost $120 used ( $250 new)

So about $1200-$1500 for the 55 then to the 75, not inlcuding coral and fish.. yikes.. I shouldnt have figured that out LOL

Hahaha I don't even what to add it all up because if I actually knew how much I spent then when the wife asks I would have to lie

Back
Top Bottom