How often do you feed your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oceandelight

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a heni butterfly, powder brown tang, and a yellow tail wrasse which i feed every day a piece of algae and sometimes algae and bloodworms, mysis,or brine shrimp they devour it all. do i need to feed them more? should i feed more and then only feed every other day?

Once daily...But... I had to restrain my hands with duct tape when I looked at their hungry little fishie faces as I walked by (It's the southerner in me- Food = love hehehe ;) ) I had been doing twice a day but noticed I had more water problems and it was cured as soon as I dropped to once a day.

I did alternate foods each day. It was fresh, frozen, flake, etc...

I, too started with every day because I didn't know any better. After reading info on this site, however, I dropped to every other day and I can tell you it has really helped my water quality A LOT. Believe it or not, you fish can easily survive being fed every other day!

mysis or brine twice a day....... cyclopleze every other day.... nori is clipped all the time...

I don't really have to worry about water quality though, I've got a huge skimmer for my system, and roughly 3 lbs of live rock, 1.5 lbs of sand per gallon, a uv steralizer, and i run carbon and a phosphate pad all the time........ my levels are always 0/0/0 and have been since a week into my tank being set up.

Nori daily for the tangs, prawns every other day for the eel, a little *something* daily for the anthias. I was feeding every other day but the anthias like to be fed daily. Chopped Krill for the sun coral and the candy canes (2-3x week). A little bit of cyclopeze or Liquid Life for the goni (again 2-3x a week). I'm feeding less daily than I was feeding every other day and they all seem happy.

I am going on vacation for 4-5 days and the person i have coming to feed and do top off water will probably be able to come every other day and i am used to feeding every day and they are too do you think they will be fine being fed every other day for 4-5 days ?

Your fish will be fine being fed every other day (and should probably become your normal routine).

I usually do a small (very small) amount of flake every day when I get home (those clowns just get WAY too excited not to), and a cube (blood worms, angel mix, or mysis) every 2-3 days (depending on how famished my fish appear.. its pretty obvious from their stomach bulges that they are not being starved ;) ).

Every other day is plenty. I feed every three days with nori abut every other.

Every other day with a strip of nori every day. My fish are nice and fat!! :)

Back
Top Bottom