How to add sand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dylan5359

Aquarium Advice Addict
i've done this before its just it ended up very foggy. I did clean the sand too. How do I add this tomorrow without fogging the water?

-Dylan

i put my sand into the tank, put a plastic lid (plate would work) and poured the water onto that, barely and sand moved

sounds like a good system! ill try that

-Dylan

im asking this question in advance. don't worry. I mixed the salt today into my declorinized water thats been sitting for a day. Im going to place the sand in on wendsday/thursday

-Dylan

If you are starting a saltwater tank you might want to use RODI water from the beginning. I found using a maxi jet 900 and tubing is the way to go when adding water to a tank with sand in it. Put a plastic plate down and let the water run on that. It moves slow enough not to cause a massive dust storm and it is a lot easier on the back.

I use a piece of PVC and slide the wet sand down the PVC to where I want it at and it still gets a cloud but a very small one that does not last long.

that sounds good. but I think ill try the plastic container idea.

-Dylan

Back
Top Bottom