How to clean glass?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rich42082

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I recently bought a 55 gallon tank off of CL. I re-sealed it and scrapped off almost all of the algae build up it had but I can still see some algae towards the top of the tank. Anyone know of any safe chemicals to use for this? I have heard of some alcohol mixed with water and also letting some bleach sit in tank for a day.

White vineger is the safest. I used bleach on mine but only let it sit for about an hour then rinsed it (all 45 gallons) three times, then let it sit outside overnight so I was sure all the bleach was out of it.

How much white vinegar for my 55 gallon? Do I let it sit overnight?

Just leave the vinegar on for about an hour and then wipe it off. Repeat as neccessary. And then rinse the living daylights out of the tank and let it dry.

Ok I think I understand. I just damp the spots with some vinegar and leave it on for an hour or so and then I wipe it off and rinse the tank. Is that right?

I would use a spray bottle and spray the entire thing. Then let it sit for an hour. Then scrub and rinse well. Since mine wasn't too bad (10 years as a fresh water tank) I just filled it with water and dumped a bunch of bleach in and let it sit for an hour. Since then, I have heard that isn't good for the silacone though.

Back
Top Bottom